Tuesday, April 15, 2008

All in Your Head

Do the foods that make you feel amazing, work because you expect them, too? Does it matter?

Yesterday, I had the same superfood smoothie as in the last post, with bananas instead of coconut flesh, and a couple of tablespoons of ground hemp seeds. Not only did it satisfy my hunger for a really long time, I was flying high. Of course, a raw diet makes us more sensitive to what we eat, and I had more than enough energy to burn through a few items on my project list and to workout. A productive day!

Yesterday's workout: 1 hour on treadmill. Trained chest, back and abs.

Today, Lovely Boyfriend, Wonder Girl and I are hitting the Laguna Beach stairs. I love this workout!

2 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Hmm...interesting question with an interesting result! I love it when certain foods or a combo of foods seem to really kick things in gear. Sometimes it just takes that little "tweak." I may have to start putting some hemp seeds into my smoothies. :)

Candice Davis said...

It's a little crazy how excited I can get about trying some of these new ingredients. Hello, my name is Candice. And I'm a straight-up foodie!