Sunday, April 6, 2008

Raw Food & Fitness

Amazing weekend! Yesterday's, LB and I went to Sand Dune Park and hiked to the top 6 times. We kept the day Raw with a trip to Terra Bella, where we had 2 great salads (one with delectable ranch-dill dressing), and a raw taco. We finished the meal with a donut hole and a brownie bite. Have one cooked donut hole and see how satisfied you feel. Raw food is so much more satiating.

Today, I hosted the fiction writers' workshop that I'm a part of. I served all Raw food, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I picked up prepared raw dolmas and brought home some of the ranch-dill dressing. Dessert: raw peach cobbler (made with frozen peaches). It felt great to have a function where non-raw (but health-minded) people could enjoy what was served, and I could eat it all without a sense of regret.

Hope everyone's weekend was at least as wonderful!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Penni said...

I just found your blog! I love seeing all of the beautiful photographs of your raw food creations! I am currently in the middle of juice feasting and hearing about your delicious food experiences make me excited for the time when I will reintroduce solids back into my diet!

Candice Davis said...

Hi Penni! I've been following your juice feast on your blog. Even though there's no log-term feast in my near future plans, it definitely inspires me to juice more. Glad you enjoy the posts over here, too!

HiHoRosie said...

Mmmm....raw tacos! :)

yardsnacker said...

sbtvd is a spam comment! But like hiho said, MMMM raw tacos! :D

Candice Davis said...

YS - Thanks for the heads up!

Michelle said...

Hello, love the raw food, workout concept! I find my running is getting better and better the more raw i eat! Is this normal? I do not know, but its certainly happening!! Great blog my friend!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Just want to share a site that carries organic, natural and gluten free products.
www.wholeandnatural.com they have fresh stuff and low prices.
Hope you find it helpful.
Carrol