Sunday, March 2, 2008

New Raw Restaurant (cont'd)



Does this look like a pleasant morning's hike? Think again! It's a killer (see those tiny people at the top) and we LOVED it!


After we went up the hill and down six times, I gave LB a choice: we could go for cooked pancakes at a local place we used to love, or we could try a new Raw restaurant. His heart said pancakes, but his head said healthy, so we headed over to Terra Bella Cafe, in Redondo Beach, CA.

There we found yummy goodness.


Raw Hummus
Savor the Goddess
Marinated kale, cucumber, red onion, cabbage, and avocado. I opted for the steamed quinoa add-on. It's not Raw, but it's a high-protein grain that some High Raw people consume. I usually don't, but decided to give it a shot. I eat kale salad at home a few times each week, but this one was worth ordering.

Veggie Quiche
Mushroom-spinach with cashew cheese and macadamia crust, topped with roasted tomatoes. Served on a bed of greens with dressing. This dish arrived before my salad, and after tasting it, I almost wished I'd ordered it. It was warm and satisfying--full of subtle flavors.


We ordered the Chocolate Raspberry Torte to go. Unfortunately, we devoured it before we snapped a photo. I'm not a huge chocolate fan, but we had this for dinner with a plate of strawberries and it was unbelievable. I'll be ordering one for my next grown-up party.

All in all, it was an amazing day. Thanks to Lovely Boyfriend for snapping the pix and for driving all over the freeways of Los Angeles, while I dozed and dozed and dozed. You're a true gentleman, LB.

1 comments:

S.K. said...

You are so lucky. The closest thing to a raw restaurant there is in this city is the Smoothie King. Ugh!

:-)