Saturday, November 10, 2007

Back in Action

While I was out today, Lovely Boyfriend printed out my new ebook, Kristen Suzanne's EASY Raw Dehydrating, and read through it. He was happy to share what he'd learned about some Raw basics, like the proper way to store various produce, not something most men learn growing up.

Spurred on by his new knowledge, LB decided to test out a recipe. Since we have tons of squash from our CSA basket, he went with Zucchini Munchies. He's working late, but I couldn't resist trying a few, though they won't be ready for 3-4 more hours. A few turned into half a tray! They're delicious! Trust and believe they're as good as any potato chip you've ever had.

There was a lot of marinade left over (through LB's error, or just because that's how the recipe works), so I threw some shredded cabbage into the liquid. I ate quite a bit of it tonight, and tomorrow I'll throw in some diced apples and enjoy a sweet and spicy cole slaw.

Thanks to LB and Kristen, the Excalibur's back in action!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for LB... maybe you should now refer to him as STUDLY BOYFRIEND!!