Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Surviving Starbucks

This evening I had to drive up to L.A. to bring Wonder Girl to theater rehearsal. Normally they meet on Saturdays and Lovely Boyfriend does the chauffeuring, but as opening night draws nearer, rehearsals become more frequent. Unfortunately, the only place reasonably nearby where I can wait is a brand new Starbucks.

I'm trying to break my coffee addiction, so I planned to order tea. It still has some caffeine, but doesn't have the same effect on me. The trouble came when I saw the salads in the cold case. I wanted one!

I set up my laptop and arranged my things, all while debating the salad.s I decided to take a closer look at them while ordering my drink. Good thing I did. Each salad (and the sandwiches, as well) contained a loooooong list of ingredients, most of which you can't pick out of the garden. I left them where they were, though the couscous salad looked , well, not exactly yummy, but desirable.

I just finished one of the very ripe pears I brought along for dinner. It was exactly yummy.

1 comments:

Connie said...

Good for you! As long as you are headed in the right direction, you will make it to your destination!

Big Hugs!
Connie