Friday, November 16, 2007

Cinnamon-Orange French Toast


I came up with this last night based on this recipe. The original didn't have explicit directions, so I winged it. I loved the result! Though it definitely didn't have the typical french toast texture (likely due to not knowing the exact procedure to follow) it's much better than Raw bread products I've purchased in stores, and so simple!

Cinnamon-Orange French Toast

1 cup flax seeds
juice of 3 oranges
1 handful raisins
a few shakes ground cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 and 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
4 Tbsp raw agave (since the brand I buy claims not to be heated above 118 degrees, I'm considering it Raw)

Grind the flax seeds in a coffee grinder. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Spread on one paraflex sheet and dehydrate at 105 for 2 hours. Flip onto mesh screen and dehydrate 4 more hours. (This last step may have been what robbed me of the fluffy texture, since the original didn't call for flipping.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm. Definitely sounds yummy! I can't wait to try it!

Connie said...

mmmm... french toast! I can smell it! :)

Happy Day!
*Connie*