Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Milestones

In every life, there are those days of significance that need to be celebrated or commemorated in some way. We recognize birthdays, of course. There's the day a new life makes us a parent, or perhaps the day we meet the one who'll be our life partner. Wedding anniversaries, business launches or promotions, high school and college graduations -- all of these deserve a moment's pause and appreciation from us. Today is such a day for this Raw Foodie. Today, I received my Excalibur 9-tray dehydrator via FedEx!


Muchisimas gracias to Lovely Boyfriend, who gifted me with the Excalibur! I know it's usually taboo for men to give their women appliances as gifts, but this is more than an appliance. This is the machine that opens the doors to many of the Raw recipes I've been wanting to try. This is the machine that will let me make a Raw meatloaf!

It's quite possible to be a Raw Foodie without a dehydrator, but I'm glad to be out of that camp. Today, Wonder Girl and I made zucchini chips (zukes sliced thin with a cheese slicer, brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with a blend of seasonings). We only filled 3 trays, which was a big mistake, because WG, Fierce-as-in-Fabulous Teenager, and I loved them. I had to smack their hands away to save a sample for Lovely Boyfriend.

Now, if I can just squeeze a couple more hours into each day to try all the recipes I've collected.

0 comments: