Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Today's Yummy Food


Breakfast: strawberries, bananas, and raw granola topped with banana mylk
coffee (non-raw)

Snack: smoothie of hemp seed, red leaf lettuce, oranges, blueberries & strawberries
Since I don't have a high-speed blender, I first blend the hempseed with a little water. Then I add the lettuce and bit more water, and so on with each ingredient. It's not as time consuming as it sounds. Prep time is only about 5 minutes, since the produce is washed and dried as soon as I bring it home and the berries are often frozen.

Lunch: smoothie of young coconut meat, pineapple, agave, and a sprinkle of hempseed. Normally I don't like to add sweetener to smoothies, but our poor pineapple was past its ripeness.

Dinner: salad of butter lettuce, zucchini, yellow tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, radishes, and cucumbers, with sesame seed dressing.
This week I'm determined to use some portion of everything in my basket from the farm. 25 lbs is a lot of produce!

0 comments: