Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Green Smoothie Progress Report

Breakfast: Smoothie of tatsoi, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, ground flax seeds, coconut butter, and a couple of dates

I don't really love kiwi in smoothies. I think this one would've been better without it--still, it's potable. Yeah, definitely no kiwi next time. It's kind of irritating my mouth....seriously, like, burning.


Pre-workout snack: juice of pineapple and celery
That was my 1st go with the new juicer, so I figured I'd stick to something easy. It was quite green and yummy!
1 tablespoon hempseed oil
I usually get lots of healthy fats in my diet (I'm obviously not 80/10/10) but lately I've been getting less than normal. Combine that with a severe shortage on sleep and I'm looking a bit raggedy. Gotta up the fats.


Lunch: smoothie of spinach, avocado, tomatoes, sun-dried tomato, cayenne, sea salt, garlic, onion powder and celery juice
I love having these savory smoothies as soups. I add as little water as possible and enjoy it as a meal. This 2/3 of a blender carafe was more than I could consume in one sitting. Satisfying!

Dinner: The last of the lunch smoothie

0 comments: