Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Don't just sit there complaining that it's a "Hallmark holiday." Nobody said you have to buy cards--or flowers, or chocolates, or anything at all for that matter! Save your money and take this as an opportunity to share a little love.

LB and I are looking forward to a 5 course Valentine's dinner at our local Raw restaurant, 118 Degrees. Here's a peek at the menu: (photo from 118 Degrees)




Courses 1-3:
Wild Foraged Mushroom Rosettes on Mixed Vegetable Crackers
Warm Asparagus Soup
Wilted Sweet Spinach Salad with Crispy Tomato, Olives & Basil Cheese
Choice of Entree:
Portobello Terrine with Fresh Garlic Creme sauce or
Basil Ravioli with Creamy Vegetable Filling, Topped with Spicy Tomato Sauce
Dessert:
Blackberries and Creme or
the Famous Chocolate Ganache


I've spent the last 48 hours or so (with a few hours sleep thrown in) working on Fierce Teenager's financial aid packets for college. Talk about stressful! I cannot wait for dessert! I'll let you know how it all was.
Have a fabulous day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks absolutely delicious!

I really need to check out the "raw scene" here in Chicago. I've heard of Karyn's Cafe, but have never gone.

I can't wait to hear how the food tasted! Don't fill us in too much though, I'm already pretty jealous...:P

Much Love,
Chris Regnery