Monday, February 18, 2008

Green Smoothie Report

Breakfast: Smoothie of spinach, strawberries, coconut water, cinnamon and ground flax seeds
The only problem with this was that I used frozen strawberries, so it was cold. I sat under a heavy throw blanket while I sipped, but my poor fingertips were chilled to the bone.


Post-hiking meal: Smoothie of spinach, avocado, lemon, garlic, tomatoes and sea salt
After my workout, I really wanted something substantial. This smoothie is based on a recipe in Victoria Boutenko's book, Green for Life. I put it in a bowl and ate it like a soup--all the more satisfying for the little bits floating around for me to chew. I was quite hungry, and this green smoothie quickly satisfied me.


Snack: White tea with Raw honey

Dinner: Smoothie of pineapple, coconut meat & coconut water
I thought I'd have another smoothie after this, but I wasn't hungry. That means I missed my 3rd green smoothie for the day. No worries. I'll plan better tomorrow.

0 comments: