Thursday, August 9, 2007

Raw Pad Thai Salad Recipe

Here's a new recipe I tried for lunch today. It's so yummy, even cooked food eaters should love it! My sixteen year old daughter and my well-past-16 year old boyfriend both enjoyed it. (Ours is a Latina/African-American family, so needless to say there are some less than healthy culinary leanings.) I didn't have any nuts, so I mixed the dressing in a separate bowl and blended in some raw almond butter. It was heavy on the lime flavor, so I added extra oil, as well as a splash of water so it would pour more easily.
Here's the link:

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/rawfoodsrecipes/r/padthaisalad.htm

Easy Raw Pad Thai Salad by Jolinda Hackett

INGREDIENTS:
2 zucchinis, sliced into strips with a vegetable peeler
2 large handfuls of bean sprouts, approx 2 cups
3/4 cup chopped nuts (use almonds, peanuts or cashews)
1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
4 green onions, diced
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
juice from one lime
1 tablespoon raw olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
PREPARATION:
Toss all ingredients together in a bowl until well coated. Add a dash more salt if desired and enjoy!

2 comments:

Mary said...

would switching up the zucchini for cucumber ruin this recipe?

i am not the biggest zucchini fan!

:D

Candice Davis said...

Honestly I don't love zucchini either, but I like it in this recipe. I don't know about cukes, but you could probably leave out the zucchini and add lots more peppers (red, yellow, orange). Have fun!