Saturday, August 18, 2007

Today's Yummy Food (Sat., Aug 18th)

Breakfast: 1/2 banana, strawberries and blueberries, drizzled with honey and topped with raw granola

Snack: 2 handfuls cherries, 1 date, 2 figs

Lunch: Curried Collard Green Salad

Dinner: Spinach salad: spinach, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic, lots of spices
3 bites of a cooked sandwich (MAJOR cheat) :-(
3 tater tots (MAJOR cheat)

As much as I thought I wanted that MAJOR cheat at the end of the day, I was disappointed. They weren't satisfying. The 1st bite was an interesting reminder of a different texture, but after that I started thinking, why am I eating this when I know it's not good for me? Then I spend the next hour or so trying to self-analyze. Duh! This is supposed to be about what I'm privileged to enjoy, in terms of foods, tastes, textures, health and energy, not about deprivation.

0 comments: