Monday, September 17, 2007

Hitting the Wall

Last Thursday evening, weeks of family drama finally caught up with me. For the next 4 days, I endured lackluster workouts, my housework went undone, and my relationships suffered from my darkened mood and waning patience. Try as I might, I couldn't begin to face the ever-increasing to do list that waited for me each morning. How much energy does it take to answer a few emails and post a blog each day? Whatever the amount, I couldn't muster it. I needed to nap, constantly.

Fortunately, my family and friends (including those I've made online since starting my Raw Food journey) were incredibly patient with me. Lovely Boyfriend, Fierce-as-in-Fabulous Teenager, and Wonder Girl joined me for lunch at a new Raw restaurant. They allowed me space to rest, read, and be alone, while staying near. Today I was supposed to partner with a fellow Raw enthusiast, on my 1st smoothie/juice feast. She graciously allowed me to bow out without judging me as a flake.

This afternoon, I began to feel better. I wish I could pinpoint the exact cause, so I could replicate it in the future. Was it the extra green smoothie I had this afternoon? Was it the simple grace of being relieved of the pressure to perform by those around me? Was it the more arduous labor of beginning to tackle the to do list? What was it that helped get me to the other side of the wall? I can't say, but I can say with great certainty, there were many hands lifting me up and over.

Thanks yall.

0 comments: