Saturday, September 8, 2007

Today's Yummy Food

Breakfast: leftover cole slaw from yesterday

Snack: Raw Breakfast Crusts with raw honey and coconut butter
1 cup coffee (non-raw)

Lunch: smoothie of spinach, mango, an orange, coconut butter and frozen blueberries
2 dried figs

Dinner: Raw California Rolls--cucumber and avocado wrapped in raw nori. These were my 1st attempt at sushi rolls. Let me just say, it is important to wet the nori before you fill it with yummies. They were still good, just hard to slice and chew.

Post-workout snack: a smoothie of 1 apple, 1 cup spinach, 1 cup water, 4 dates, 1.5 teaspoons ground flax seed. It was based on a recipe for a Breakfast Smoothie, on the fabulous Gone Raw site. I left out the green powder, for no good reason. Next time, I'll use it. This was my 1st green smoothie that actually stayed green (no brightly colored berries to cover it up). I think Wonder Girl, Fierce-as-in-Fabulous Teenager, and Lovely Boyfriend will love it despite its grassy color. I should've taken a picture, but I couldn't wait to drink it!

0 comments: